For a more generalised overview of the current features of WPS Analytics not just the new features summarised below, please refer to the Capabilities section of the World Programming website.
- WPS Analytics version 4.4.1 was released on 16 March 2022.
New in WPS Analytics Version 4.4
WPS Analytics version 4.4.1 onwards is available for purchase under Altair Units using Altair Licensing.
The WPS Analytics 4.4 GA release contains new features and enhancements, and maintenance updates to existing functionality. Here are just a few headline items.
SAS language support
- Support for the ODS POWERPOINT output destination.
- Both the ODSLIST and ODSTEXT procedures now support the DATA option of the procedure statement, the CELLSTYLE statement and the TRANSLATE statement.
- The IMPORT procedure now supports the STARTCOL, ENDCOL, STARTROW, and ENDROW statements.
- The HTTP procedure now supports the DEBUG statement.
- The SGPANEL procedure now supports the TEXT statement.
- The SGPLOT procedure now supports the TEXT, XAXISTABLE, and YAXISTABLE statements.
- The LOGISTIC procedure now supports the UNITS statement.
- Support for the MCMC procedure.
- Support for the MDC procedure.
- Support for the OPTLP procedure.
- Support for the ORTHOREG procedure.
- Support for the VARMAX procedure.
- Bulk insert functionality can now be used with ODBC connections to a Google BigQuery database.
- Connections to a Snowflake database can now use Key Pair Authentication and federated authentication.
- A JSON Import block has been added to enable datasets in JSON-formatted files to be imported into a Workflow.
- A Parameter Import block has been added to enable parameters to be imported into a Workflow as a dataset.
- A Deduplicate block has been added to enable duplicate observations to be removed from an input dataset.
- A Text Transform block has been added to enable text variables in an input dataset to be modified.
- The Hub group now includes:
- A Program Inputs block that enables Workflow parameters to be used in an executable deployment services program.
- A Program Results block that provides the results of an executable deployment services program to a Workflow.
- The Database Explorer view can now be used to connect to Google BigQuery, Teradata, and Hadoop database servers.
- Variables from a dataset can now be grouped together for faster selection of the same multiple variables in Workflow blocks.
To find out further information about this release: