World Programming is pleased to announce the availability of new releases of WPS Analytics.
A new second-quarter release is now available containing updates and fixes to the 4.3 General Availability (GA) release. To read more about the fixes in this release, refer to the Closed Issues section of the updated 4.3 GA release notes.
Early Access (EA) release
World Programming operates an Early Access programme that enables you to get early visibility of upcoming WPS Analytics features. You can find out more about the EA programme on our blog.
There is a new quarterly release available, version 4.4 EA3. This release contains the maintenance updates from the latest GA release plus new enhancements and features. Here are just a few headline items.
- A Parameter Import block has been added to enable parameters to be imported into the Workflow as a dataset.
- A Deduplicate block has been added to enable duplicate observations to be removed from an input dataset.
- A Text Transform block has been added to enable text variables in an input dataset to be modified.
- The Database Explorer view can now be used to connect to Teradata and Hadoop database servers.
- Variables from a dataset can now be grouped together for faster selection of the same multiple variables in Workflow blocks.
SAS language support
- Both the ODSLIST and ODSTEXT procedures support the DATA option of the procedure statement, the CELLSTYLE statement and the TRANSLATE statement.
- Support for the STARTCOL, ENDCOL, STARTROW, and ENDROW statements in the IMPORT procedure.
- Support for the TEXT statement in the SGPANEL and SGPLOT procedures.
- Support for the UNITS statement in the LOGISTIC procedure.
- Support for the VARMAX procedure.
- Support for the MDC procedure.
- Bulk insert functionality can now be used with connections to a Google BigQuery database.
- Connections to a Snowflake database can now use Key Pair Authentication and federated authentication.
To see details of all the new features and enhancements introduced in the Early Access versions of WPS Analytics 4.4, refer to the EA release notes.