If you have an LSF cluster, you can connect to it using WPS and distribute workloads from your SAS language files. To setup the connection you need to:
- Select the WPS menu select Link then click New Remote Host Connection to display the New Server Connection window.
- Select New IBM Spectrum LSF Connection (4.3 and later) then click Next
- Enter the master hostname, port number and user name into LSF Submission Host, Port Number and User name fields respectively. You can use the Verify button to ensure the hostname is correct.
- If required, click Next and change the home and root directories of the master host to a more appropriate directory, then click Finish to create an LSF root node in Link Explorer
- Right click the LSF root node and select New WPS Server to open the New Remote WPS Server window
- In the Base WPS install directory, enter the WPS installation directory on an execution host and ensure the Automatically select execution host on startup option is checked. Then click Finish.
A new WPS server is created under the LSF root node representing the WPS process on the selected execution host. When using this server, execution hosts are selected based on available resources upon starting the server.