If you have data stored in a Snowflake database, you can connect using the ODBC driver for snowflake. To install the connection software you need to:
- Download and install the Snowflake ODBC driver (.msi) from the Snowflake website.
Make sure you select the correct driver version to match your 32-bit or 64-bit WPS Analytics installation.
Note: The 64-bit driver is required to use the Snowflake bulk insert functionality enabled by the SnowSQL utility.
- On the same device as WPS Analytics is installed, run the Snowflake ODBC driver installer (.msi).
- Once the driver has been installed, test the database connectivity with the following SAS language program:
LIBNAME DATASRC SNOWFLAKE USER=user-name PASSWORD=password ACCOUNT=account-id WAREHOUSE=warehouse-name SCHEMA=schema-name DATABASE=dbase;
PROC DATASETS LIBRARY=DATASRC; RUN;
- In the LIBNAME statement, replace user-name and password with your user name and password for the Snowflake account-id server. Replace dbase with the name of the Snowflake database, schema-name with the database schema, and warehouse-name with the warehouse hosting the Snowflake database.
- The DATASETS procedure returns the names of all tables in the selected database; for databases with large numbers of tables, this program might take some time to run.
To use the Snowflake database bulk insert functionality, you must install the Snowflake SnowSQL utility.