For a more generalised overview of the current features of WPS Analytics not just the new features summarised below, please refer to the Products section of the World Programming website.
- WPS Analytics version 4.2.3 was released on 26 Aug 2020.
- WPS Analytics version 4.2.2 was released on 04 Jun 2020.
- WPS Analytics version 4.2.1 was released on 31 Mar 2020.
New in WPS Analytics Version 4.2
The WPS Analytics 4.2 GA release contains new features and enhancements, and maintenance updates to existing functionality. Here are just a few headline items.
- You can create connections in a workflow to database tables without importing data, and use these connections as input to workflow blocks.
- You can now drag-and-drop tables from the Database Explorer and use as input datasets to blocks in a Workflow.
- You can join tables and query data from tables in the new Query block.
- You can address selection bias in a model using the new Reject Inference block.
- Models can now be output from the Binning block.
- You can export data from a workflow to a database using the new Database Export block.
SAS language support:
- The Output Delivery System (ODS) module:
- The ODS LAYOUT and ODS TEXT statements have been added.
- The ODS RTF destination has been added.
- The ODS LISTING destination has been significantly revised to improve layout control of output.
- WPS Analytics now supports connections to MariaDB and MySQL using multi-threaded versions of the library connection statements (LIBNAME statements).
- The WPS Engine for Teradata now supports:
- TPT bulk loading facility on the library connection statements (LIBNAME statements).
- Dataset options, including bulk-loading, have been introduced with this release.
- The WPS Core module:
- The CONNECT USING statement has been added to the SQL procedure.
- The UNIVARIATE procedure now supports the INSET statement.
- The WPS statistics module:
- The STDRATE procedure has been added.
- The WEIGHT statement has been added to the MIXED procedure.
- The PARTITION and PERFORMANCE statements have been added to the GLMSELECT procedure.
- The WPS Time Series module:
- The ESM, SEVERITY, SPECTRA, TIMESERIES procedures have been added.
To find out further information about this release:
- For details of all the new features and enhancements, refer to What's New in WPS Analytics version 4.2.
- For details of the updates to existing functionality, refer to the release notes.