The Merge block enables you to combine multiple datasets into a single working dataset.
The following demonstrates how to use the Merge block to combine two datasets Bananas.csv and Banans2.csv (each of which contain observations that describe a banana). Each dataset uses the same variables to describe a banana.
- Import the Bananas.csv and Bananas2.csv datasets into a Workflow using a Text File Import block for each dataset.
- Right-click the Bananas.csv dataset output, click Rename and enter Bananas.
- Right-click the Bananas2.csv dataset output, click Rename and enter Bananas2.
- Expand the Data Preparation group in the Workflow palette, then click and drag a Merge block onto the Workflow canvas.
- Click the Output port of the Bananas dataset block and drag a connection towards the Input port of the Merge block. Repeat for the Bananas2 dataset.
- Double-click the Merge block to display the Configure Merge dialog box.
- In the Merge Operation drop-down list, select Concatenate.
- Click OK to save the configuration and close the Configure Merge dialog box.
A green execution status is displayed in the Output ports of the Merge block and the new Working Dataset. The dataset contains observations from both input datasets.