The Text File Import block enables you to import data from a text file, for example a CSV file, into a Workflow. The following shows how to import a CSV file (basketball_shots.csv) saved in the Workbench workspace:
- Expand the Import group in the Workflow palette, then click and drag the Text File Import block onto the Workflow canvas.
- Double-click the Text File Import block to display the Configure Text File Import dialog box.
- In the Configure Text File Import dialog box, specify the required settings:
- Select Workspace as the File Location.
- Enter the Path for the file, for example /datasets/basketball_shots.csv, or click Browse to navigate to the project containing the file.
- In the Delimiter drop-down list, select Comma.
- Select Use first row as headers.
- The Column Types box is populated with the variables from the dataset, showing their column name and type.
- Click OK to save the configuration and close the Configure Text File Import dialog box.
A green execution status is displayed in the Output port of the Text File Import block and the Output port of the Working Dataset. Double-click the Working Dataset to view the data from the text file: