The Permanent Dataset block enables you to import data from a WPS-formatted file into a Workflow. The following shows how to import a dataset from a file (basketball_shots.wpd) saved in the Workbench workspace:
- Expand the Import group in the Workflow palette, then click and drag the Permanent Dataset block onto the Workflow canvas.
- Double-click the Permanent Dataset block to display the Configure Permanent Dataset dialog box.
- In the Configure Permanent Dataset dialog box, specify the required settings:
- Select Workspace as the File Location.
- Enter the Path for the dataset file, for example /datasets/basketball_shots.wpd, or click Browse to navigate to the path containing the file.
- Click OK to save the configuration and close the Configure Permanent Dataset dialog box.
A green execution status is displayed in the Output port of the Permanent Dataset block and the display name changes to reflect the imported dataset. Right-click the renamed block, click Open With and then click Dataset File Viewer to view the data in the referenced permanent dataset.