If you have data stored in a PostgreSQL database, you can connect by installing the PostgreSQL command line tools. The PostgreSQL client programs are available as an RPM package, or as a Debian Software Package. To install the PostgreSQL client programs:
- Ensure you are able to invoke the sudo command. Install the client programs using the following command:
- For systems that use RPM packages
sudo yum install postgresql
- For systems that use Debian software packages
sudo apt-get install postgresql-client
LIBNAME DATASRC POSTGRESQL USER=user-name PASSWORD=password
PROC DATASETS LIBRARY=DATASRC;
- In the LIBNAME statement, replace user-name and password with your user name and password for the remote-id server, and replace dbase with the name of the PostgreSQL database.
- The DATASETS procedure returns the names of all tables in the selected database; for databases with large numbers of tables, this program might take some time to run.