If you have data stored in a MariaDB database, you can connect using the MariaDB Connector/C client. To install the client you need to:
- Download and install the MariaDB Connector/C client installer, (typically a .msi file) from the MariaDB Connector/C client page of the MariaDB website.
Make sure you select the correct connector to match your 32-bit or 64-bit WPS Analytics installation.
- On the same device as WPS Analytics is installed, run the MariaDB installer.
- Add the MariaDB Connector/C client to the system PATH variable. Check first as the following procedure might have been done automatically. Otherwise:
- In the Windows Control Panel, select System and Security. Select System and click Advanced System Settings.
- In the Advanced tab, select Environment Variables.
- Select the PATH entry in the System Variables, click Edit.
- In the Edit environment variable dialog box, click New and enter the installation folder path.
- Click OK to save the changes, and close the remaining system and security dialogs by clicking OK each time.
Once the client has been installed, test the database connectivity with the following SAS language program:
LIBNAME DATASRC MARIADB USER=user-name PASSWORD=password
PROC DATASETS LIBRARY=DATASRC;
- In the LIBNAME statement, replace user-name and password with your user name and password for the remote-id server, and replace dbase with the name of the MariaDB database.
- The DATASETS procedure returns the names of all tables in the selected database; for databases with large numbers of tables, this program might take some time to run.