If you have data stored in an Oracle database, you can connect using the Oracle Instant Client. To install the client you need to:
- Download the Oracle Instant Client (.zip) from the Instant Client download page of the Oracle website.
Make sure you select the correct connector to match your 32-bit or 64-bit WPS Analytics installation.
- Once the appropriate installation (.zip) file has been downloaded, create a folder for the instant client on your PC, for example C:\oracle, and unzip the content of the file into that folder:
- Add the Oracle Instant Client installation folder to the system PATH variable, as follows:
- In the Windows Control Panel select System or Security. Select System and click Advanced System Settings.
- In the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
- Select the PATH entry in the System Variables and then click Edit.
- In the Edit environment variable dialog box, click New and enter the installation folder path.
- Click OK to save the changes, and close the remaining system and security dialogs by clicking OK each time.
- Once the client has been downloaded, test the database connectivity with the following SAS language program:
LIBNAME DATASRC ORACLE USER=user-name PASSWORD=password PATH=remote-id;
PROC DATASETS LIBRARY=DATASRC;
- In the LIBNAME statement, replace user-name and password with your user name and password for the server, the PATH option contains the server name specified as remote-id and, optionally, a TNS name (that is, Oracle SID).
- The DATASETS procedure returns the names of all tables in the selected database; for databases with large numbers of tables, this program might take some time to run.