If you have data stored in an Oracle database, you can connect using the Oracle Instant Client. To install the client you need to:
- Download the Oracle Instant Client (.zip) from the Instant Client download page of the Oracle website.
Make sure you select the correct connector to match your 32-bit or 64-bit WPS Analytics installation.
- Once the appropriate installation (.zip) file has been downloaded, create a folder for the instant client on your PC, for example C:\oracle, and unzip the content of the file into that folder:
- Add the Oracle Instant Client installation folder to the system PATH variable, as follows:
- In the Windows Control Panel select System or Security. Select System and click Advanced System Settings.
- In the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
- Select the PATH entry in the System Variables and then click Edit.
- In the Edit environment variable dialog box, click New and enter the installation folder path.
- Click OK to save the changes, and close the remaining system and security dialogs by clicking OK each time.
Once the client has been downloaded, test the database connectivity with the following SAS language program:
LIBNAME DATASRC ORACLE USER=user-name PASSWORD=password PATH=remote-id;
PROC DATASETS LIBRARY=DATASRC;
- In the LIBNAME statement, replace user-name and password with your user name and password for the server, the PATH option contains the server name specified as remote-id and, optionally, a TNS name (that is, Oracle SID).
- The DATASETS procedure returns the names of all tables in the selected database; for databases with large numbers of tables, this program might take some time to run.