If you have data stored in a MySQL database, you can connect using the MySQL Connector/C client. To install the client you need to:
- Download the MySQL Connector/C client installer (.msi) from the MySQL Download Connector/C page of the MySQL website.
Make sure you select the correct connector to match your 32-bit or 64-bit WPS Analytics installation.
- On the same device as WPS Analytics is installed, run the MySQL installer (.msi).
- Add the MySQL Connector/C client installation folder containing the file libmysql.dll to the system PATH variable:
- In the Windows Control Panel/System and Security. Select System and click Advanced System Settings.
- In the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
- Select the PATH entry in System Variables and then click Edit.
- In the Edit environment variable dialog box, click New and enter the installation folder path.
- Click OK to save the changes, and close the remaining system and security dialogs by clicking OK each time.
Once the client has been installed, test the database connectivity with the following SAS language program:
LIBNAME DATASRC MYSQL USER=user-name PASSWORD=password
PROC DATASETS LIBRARY=DATASRC;
- In the LIBNAME statement, replace user-name and password with your user name and password for the remote-id server, and replace dbase with the name of the MySQL database.
- The DATASETS procedures returns the names of all tables in the selected database; for databases with large numbers of tables, this program might take some time to run.