If you have data stored in a MySQL database, you can connect using the MySQL Connector/C client. To install the client you need to:
- Download the MySQL Connector/C client installer (.msi) from the MySQL Download Connector/C page of the MySQL website.
Make sure you select the correct connector to match your 32-bit or 64-bit WPS Analytics installation.
- On the same device as WPS Analytics is installed, run the MySQL installer (.msi).
- Add the MySQL Connector/C client installation folder containing the file libmysql.dll to the system PATH variable:
- In the Windows Control Panel/System and Security. Select System and click Advanced System Settings.
- In the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
- Select the PATH entry in System Variables and then click Edit.
- In the Edit environment variable dialog box, click New and enter the installation folder path.
- Click OK to save the changes, and close the remaining system and security dialogs by clicking OK each time.
- Once the client has been installed, test the database connectivity with the following SAS language program:
LIBNAME DATASRC MYSQL USER=user-name PASSWORD=password
PROC DATASETS LIBRARY=DATASRC;
- In the LIBNAME statement, replace user-name and password with your user name and password for the remote-id server, and replace dbase with the name of the MySQL database.
- The DATASETS procedures returns the names of all tables in the selected database; for databases with large numbers of tables, this program might take some time to run.